When it comes to drink choices, we certainly do have a lot of options. It is important to look at them properly, as some are better choices than others. If you want to boost your health, it is time to put aside the sugary drinks and pick up some lemon water. In fact, it is one of the best health choices you can make.
Many experts recommends drinking warm lemon water in the morning. It helps to keep a person hydrated and is full of essential vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin A, C and B-complex, fiber, iron, calcium and potassium.
Lemon water has powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties. It boosts the immune system. Best of all, it only takes squeezing a lemon into a glass of lukewarm water to get those benefits.
Drink it first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast. Here are the top 10 benefits of drinking lemon water daily.
1. Strong Immune System – Lemon water has a lot of vitamin C, so it helps to boost the immune system and prevents the flu and common cold. It also allows your body to absorb essential nutrients for both your health and your immune system. Lemons contain saponins, which are antimicrobial.
2. Urinary Tract Health – Another benefit is that lemon water cleans the urinary tract and helps your body to produce urine. It changes the pH level within the urinary tract to reduce bad bacteria. Along with that benefit, the citric acid detoxifies the body and helps in the prevention of UTIs. It is especially beneficial for women who have frequent urinary tract infections.
3. Digestion – The ingredients that are naturally contained within lemon water trigger bile production of the liver. It aids the digestive system in other ways, removing toxins and harmful compounds from the body. That is why drinking lemon water daily will reduce indigestion, bloating, heartburn and belching. It also helps to prevent constipation and diarrhea.
4. Skin Health – If you are interested in young looking skin, drinking lemon water helps you to have it by purifying the blood and stimulating the growth of new cells. It is rich in antioxidants and prevents the appearance of wrinkles, skin spots and blemishes.
Add some honey to the lemon water and you have additional antibacterial and collagen boosting benefits.
5. Weight Loss – Anyone who is trying to lose excess weight should drink lemon water with honey daily. It is rich in pectin fiber that helps to control hunger and allows you to feel full longer. It also accelerates the weight loss process by making the stomach alkaline.
6. Hypertension – For those who suffer from high blood pressure, lemon water helps to hydrate the lymphatic system. It is high in potassium so it improves both your mental function and your sleep, reducing stress and controlling blood pressure.
7. Energy – The vitamins and nutrients in lemon water helps to boost your natural energy levels. It hydrates and oxygenates the body, leaving you revitalized and refreshed. It is a form of instant energy as well and even the smell can energize you.
8. PH Levels – Although many people would think that lemon was acidic, it actually is alkaline in the human body. It can help to reduce inflammation using that effect. By keeping your pH level balance, it can help your joints and your overall health.
9. Throat Infections – The antibacterial properties in lemon water are effective in treating infection such as tonsillitis, sore throat and other infections. You also lower the risk of throat infections as well as other respiratory issues. Gargling with lemon water can accelerate healing.
10. Bad Breath – Drinking a combination of honey and lemon on a daily basis helps to eliminate halitosis because of the acidic nature of lemon. It also cleans the mouth and triggers saliva production, killing the bacteria that causes bad breath. It also helps to remove the white layer on the tongue that is formed during sleeping.
Regular consumption of lukewarm lemon water in the morning will help to enhance your health, energy and body.
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook