There are many people who think drinking is a vice that is to be avoided but science has consistently shown that it can actually be good for you, if you do it on a regular basis. Admittedly, drinking too much alcohol can have a negative effect on both the mind and the body and it can certainly impact both the liver and brain in a bad way.
Even though it is true that alcohol, including wine, beer and liquor is a depressant to the central nervous system, it has been shown to have some benefits. Drinking a single beer on a daily basis can even be good for your health. For one reason, beer is higher than wine and alcohol in protein and vitamin B, and it is on even par with wine as far as antioxidants are concerned.
The powerful antioxidants in beer are flavonoids, and there are a number of minerals that are included that boost the metabolic processes in the body. When you moderately drink beer on a daily basis, it can help your health in numerous ways.
Consider the following 10 benefits to drinking a single beer daily.
1. Beer contains fiber that can reduce your LDL cholesterol levels.
2. Beer may help with the prevention of harmful blood clots
3. Drinking beer supports healthy kidneys and a single drink a day reduces your risk of kidney stones by 40%.
4. Drinking a single beer daily can strengthen your bones. It increases bone density because of the silicon content.
5. When you drink beer, it can boost your vitamin B levels. It is a rich source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12. According to some experts, consuming a beer daily can increase your vitamin B6 levels by up to 30% when compared with those who did not drink beer. It may also be more beneficial than wine in this regard.
6. As a healthy drink, a single beer on a daily basis can reduce your risk of heart attack. Science has repeatedly shown that you have up to a 60% lower risk of suffering a heart attack compared to somebody who doesn’t drink beer.
7. The lactoflavin and nicotinic acid contained within beer allows you to fall asleep quickly.
8. When you drink beer, it can support proper brain function. Those individuals who drink beer moderately have a reduced risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
9. Drinking beer can lead to healthy, youthful and smooth skin. The vitamins within beer can affect the pigmentation in the skin and regenerate it.
10. If you would like to reduce your stress levels, a University of Montréal study showed that consuming two glasses of beer daily reduces work related anxiety and stress.
Via: Healthy Food House
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook