Many of us do our part to take care of our own bodies but sometimes it can be a struggle to do so. We try to eat the right types of foods, get some exercise and get plenty of sleep but it isn’t difficult to fall short of the mark. If you have been struggling in this regard, the following list will work well for you.
These 14 different foods are amazing for your health and they don’t hurt your waistline. Packed full of vitamins and minerals, you could eat them every day and your health would benefit. One of the amazing things about them is that they are extremely low in calories, so you can enjoy them without any guilt attached. In fact, it would be hard to eat enough of these foods to really impact your weight.
Keep this list on hand and follow it on a regular basis. Get creative with how your prepare the food and enjoy what you are eating. It’s a great way to keep your health in check and enjoy life at the same time.
1. Onion – You can add them to many recipes. They are low in calories and high in flavonoids.
2. Cucumbers – Not only are they delicious on salads or on their own, they are packed full of water. They hydrate without impacting your calorie count.
3. Celery – This is perhaps the premier zero calorie food. They are made mostly of water so crunch away.
4. Brussels Sprouts – This vegetable is low in calories and had a unique flavor.
5. Apples – At only 52 calories in a 100 gram serving, they are great to crunch. They also contain loads of vitamins and fiber.
6. Oranges – Sweet and high in vitamin c, they are low calorie a well.
7. Cabbage – Good for your heart and prevents cancer. It also helps with weight loss at only 25 calories in 100 grams
8. Zucchini – Add this to pasta and enjoy the low calorie goodness.
9. Cauliflower – This food is great for your heart and digestion. It is also very low in calories.
10. Kale – This food is rich in everything that is good for you and has only 49 calories. Add it to wraps or salads.
11. Carrots – Good for the eyes and your blood sugar, it also helps to reduce inflammation.
12. Broccoli – This plant is rich in fiber and helps with digestion. It only has 34 calories in a 100 gram serving
13. Asparagus – This is a delicious treat when it is prepared properly. It also only has 20 calories in a 100 gram serving
14. Watermelon – Juicy and sweet, it only contains 30 calories in a 100 gram serving. It is also rich in antioxidant and gives a boost to your metabolism.
Additionally, you should consume more turnips, lemons, tomatoes, beets, and grapefruits, as they are also loaded with nutrients.
H/T: Healthy Food House
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook