Most of us tend to know our way around the kitchen fairly easily. As a matter of fact, we might feel that we have everything under control and we have a specific system that we use to get everything done. It doesn’t matter how organised you are, however, there is always going to be room for improvement and these awesome kitchen hacks are just the improvement that you need.
Who of us would not like to make our life easier and get things done much faster? I know that I tend to push my way through the day and barely come in at the end of it getting just a minimal amount finished. When you apply the right methods into your life, however, it can really make a difference. With these 9 ingenious kitchen hacks, your kitchen life is about to get wonderful.
1. Did you add too much salt to your food? Just throw a small chunk of raw potato into the food. It absorbs the excess salt. Leave it in the food for 10 minutes.
2. Put your ice cream in a Ziploc bag before storing it in the freezer. It keeps it from freezing too hard.
3. Do you eat boiled eggs for breakfast? Throw 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in the water when you boil them and the shells will slide off.
4. Does that cake recipe called for too much butter? Substitute butter with applesauce! For every one cup of butter that it calls for, and a cup of applesauce.
5. Wrap the stems of your banana in plastic wrap. This helps to keep your bananas fresh and slows down the ripening process.
6. If you only use half of your avocado, store it with a chunk of onion. The avocado won’t go brown
7. You can test the freshness of your egg by putting it in a glass of water.
8. Do you hate stale cereal? Spread it on a baking tray and put it in the oven for 10 minutes. Nice and crunchy!
9. Do you like putting lemon in your water? Freeze the lemon slices. The juices and flavours of the frozen slices will dissolve into the water quickly.
H/T: Aunty Acid
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook