Most of us don’t give some types of foods the attention they deserve. Sure, we may eat them because we love the way that taste or perhaps because they go well with other foods we enjoy, but what kind of effect do they have on the body?
A good example of this type of food is the lowly date. Many of us enjoy them because they are sweet and delicious, but they also have some awesome benefits to your health as well. In fact, there are at least 6 different ways that dates can help your body. Once you know these benefits, you will not be without dates again!
1. They benefit the arteries – The potassium in arteries can help to reduce cholesterol and your risk of a heart attack.
2. They are good for the liver – If you are suffering from a disease that affects the liver, dates may help to fight the disease
3. Keep your eyes healthy – The vitamin A in dates keep your corneas healthy
4. Energy – Cut a date open and slip a walnut inside. Not only is it delicious, it is a great source of protein and gives you energy
5. Digestion – For those who suffer from indigestion or constipation, the fiber in dates helps to settle the problem
6. Inflammation – Dates are high in magnesium, helping to reduce swelling and pain. They may even help to keep infections away.
Be sure to share these healthy benefits with your friends on Facebook