There are certain things that most of us keep around the home at all times, although we may not use them to their full potential. Sometimes, they are used for specific purposes but at other times, you may not even know what they could be used for. A good example of this is baby powder, something that almost all of us have hiding somewhere under the bathroom sink.
Baby powder is commonly used for preventing diaper rash and some people use it to prevent body odor or at the very least, to keep it to a minimum. The name itself would suggest that you only want to use it on a baby but the fact of the matter is, many people have discovered that baby powder can be used in different parts of the home. As a matter of fact, the uses may just surprise you.
The use of baby powder can make your life a lot easier and if you are looking for ways to simplify your life, the following 11 reasons why you should use baby powder will be of benefit to you. Use them regularly and you will find that you are saving time and effort.
1. Dry shampoo â€“ when you mix 1/4 cup of baby powder with 1/4 cup of baking soda, it can clean your greasy hair. Massage the mixture into your hair dry and let it sit for a few minutes. Brush your hair thoroughly and go about your day.
2. Deodorant â€“ it is possible to replace your deodorant with baby powder. The powder helps to prevent body odor and it absorbs sweat. If you have stinky shoes, you can also fill your sneakers with the baby powder and let them sit overnight. When you dump them out in the morning, they will be ready to go.
3. Ants â€“ sprinkle some baby powder around your doors and windows to create a barrier for ants.
4. De-tangle your jewelry â€“ sprinkle some baby powder on the knot where your jewelry is tangled together and it will be easier to loosen
5. Sand â€“ if you spend some time at the beach, you should sprinkle baby powder on your feet and other sandy spots. When you brush off again, the sand will fall off along with the baby powder.
6. Summer sheets â€“ keep cool this summer by sprinkling your sheets with baby powder. It also helps to absorbs sweat
7. Playing cards â€“ when your playing cards are looking old and dingy, stick them in a plastic bag with some baby powder. Shake the bag and remove the cards. They will be as good as new.
8. Rubber gloves â€“ if you have a hard time putting on rubber gloves, put some baby powder on your hands first.
9. Flowers â€“ sprinkle some baby powder onto the bulbs and roots of flowers before you plant them. It helps to prevent the roots from rotting and is a natural pesticide.
10. Grease stains â€“ if you are struggling with grease stains, sprinkle some baby powder on them first and dab them with a cotton ball.
11. Pre-wax â€“ if you want to reduce the pain during a waxing, sprinkle the area with baby powder first. It helps to minimize both pain and irritation.
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook