It seems as if every year around this time, people make a concerted effort to improve their health. I also have made some New Year’s resolutions to lose weight, have more energy and get more done.
Although it is important to work on your resolutions in order to achieve them, it also doesn’t hurt to give yourself that little extra boost.
There is something in your kitchen cabinets that may just give you the boost that you need.
It is apple cider vinegar, and it has been used as a healthy alternative to a number of different medicines. Here are 15 ways that you can use apple cider vinegar to your good health.
1. Sore Throat – When you have that uncomfortable pain in your throat, it can be quite disconcerting but apple cider vinegar may just help. Since it can fight the bacteria and germs that lead to a sore throat, it may just be what the doctor ordered. Gargle with apple cider vinegar every 60 minutes to kill the germs.
2. Heartburn – If you look at the medicine aisle in the grocery store for heartburn relief, you will see many different medical solutions. Unfortunately, many of those solutions try to treat the heartburn in the wrong way. Research has shown that having too little acid in your stomach can lead to heartburn, not having too much. Taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar can help to relieve heartburn by balancing your stomach acid. You can mix it in water to make it easier to take.
3. Bloating and Gas – Perhaps one of the most common uses for apple cider vinegar is to help relieve bloating and gas. Dilute a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and water and drink it before meal time to relieve this issue.
4. Itchy Skin – The antifungal and antiseptic properties of apple cider vinegar may help to relieve itchy skin. Simply put a few drops of apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and gently dab it on the affected areas.
5. Stuffed up Nose – One of the irritating issues associated with a sinus infection is a stuffy nose. Apple cider vinegar may be able to help, because of the vitamins and minerals that it contains. In addition, apple cider vinegar has a high pH level, which may help to remove bacteria and thin the mucus. Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water to help clear your nose.
6. Restless Leg Syndrome – If you suffer from leg cramps at night, it may be the sign that you are low on potassium. Taking 2 tablespoons in a cup of water may help to relieve the cramping. Mix in some honey to make it a sweet treat.
7. Dandruff – Here is one that you may never have considered before, but even Dr. Oz is on board with this natural treatment. Mix equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar and put it in a spray bottle. After spraying your hair, being sure to get to the scalp, wrap a towel around your head and rinse after 15 minutes.
8. Natural Wart Removal – Many people don’t realize that warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). If you are exposed to the virus, it can enter the body through small cuts or injuries and once inside, it could cause warts on any part of the body. When you suffer from warts, mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water and soak the area in a bowl of this mixture. Do this 20 minutes every night until you see things start to change.
9. Stinky Feet – A problem with smelly feet is caused by bacteria but neutralizing the pH in the area can help to remove the offensive smell. Add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to baby wipes and keep them in the refrigerator. Clean the soles of your feet with the baby wipes frequently and the smell should dissipate.
10. Natural Cleaner – It is time to ditch the chemical household cleaner in favor of a spray bottle for the equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. If you want a more powerful cleaner, use apple cider vinegar full strength but use it with caution on delicate surfaces.
11. Mildew and Mold – When you have a problem with mold or mildew in the home, it can be a serious problem for the entire family. Apple cider vinegar can help, as you can just wash the surface down that has become moldy and allow it to dry.
12. Odors – Many odors around the homes are often treated with unnatural air fresheners, but this can be harmful to you and others in your household. Mix equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar and put it in a spray bottle. Spritz the area where smells are a problem as often as necessary.
13. Drain Clogs – Rather than reaching for a chemical to open your drains, mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup baking soda. Pour it down the drain and the bubbling action will wash away the clog.
14. Wrinkled Clothing – If you lack time to iron your clothes, apple cider vinegar may be able to help. Combine one part apple cider vinegar with three parts water and spray it on the wrinkles. Hang your clothing and watch the wrinkles disappear.
15. Furniture Stains – When beverage or food stains appear on your furniture, it’s time to break out the apple cider vinegar. Rub some apple cider vinegar with a little salt on the stain and once it dries, vacuum the stain away.
Please pass these healthy tips on to family and friends